Since 1995, we have provided an excellent Christian education to low-income families at very little cost to the students. Our educational program is accredited by the Western Schools and College Association (WASC) and serves 40-50 students in kindergarten through 6th grade in Northwest Pasadena, CA. Students at HPS are nurtured and developed in three core learning domains: academic excellence, social emotional health and student character.
Harambee’s Student Demographics in 2017:
Race: 47% Black, 47% Latino, 6% Other
English Language Learners: 41% E.S.L.
Low income: 94% (qualify for free or reduced lunch)
Single parent families: 56%
– Develop critical thinking, reasoning and problem solving skills
– Develop foundational knowledge
– Take risks and persevere
– Learn how to learn
Social Emotional Health
– Learn to self-reflect
– Respect for ones self and others
– Develop interpersonal skills
– Develop Christ-like character
– Love and respect others
– Personal responsibility
– Develop internal motivation
– Diligent work ethic
– Advocate for themselves and others
For more information, please contact us at (626) 798-7431.